Arkansas Urban and Community Forestry Grants
The Agriculture Department’s Arkansas Forestry Commission (AFC) is accepting 2018 Urban and Community Forestry Program grant applications through July 20, 2018. Grants are available to fund community projects that develop/improve public tree management and maintenance.
Urban and Community Forestry Grants are made available through federal grant funds from the United States Department of Agriculture. Examples of eligible projects include:
- Parking Lot Improvements for Stormwater Runoff
- Tree-Friendly Streets (that allow for root space and canopy growth)
- Improving Tree Health ( including tree maintenance plans, improved soil amendments, additional mulching, professional pruning and resortation, etc.)
- Greenway Development Planning (including demonstration areas, feasibility studies, maps, etc.)
- Urban Stream Restoration
- Communications Materials and Training (including any materials that increase public awareness of the benefits of urban forests).
The maximum federal cost share of any project is 50% of the total expenditures for the project. The non-federal match may be cash, services, or in-kind contributions. Projects must be completed by April 30, 2019. For more information about the grant, contact Krista Quinn at Krista.email@example.com or 479-228-7929.