Serving the citizens of Arkansas and the agricultural and business communities by providing information and unbiased enforcement of laws and regulations set by the Arkansas State Plant Board
The Arkansas Department of Agriculture is in the process of going paperless and updating the licensing database. This may cause delays in the licensing process. For important information and changes regarding the applicator certification and licensing program, please refer to the appropriate licensing webpages. If you have questions or need immediate assistance, please contact the Pesticide Section at 501-225-1598.
Applicators currently have two options to apply for a license:
Option 1 – Submit Per Mail:
Use Application forms listed under the Application Forms and Associated Fees to be Submitted Per Mail section of this page.
Option 2 – Submit Online:
Use the application forms and follow the instructions listed under the Application Forms and Associated Fees to be Submitted Online section of this page.
Preregistration Forms for Testing and Re-/Certification of Applicators are located at the bottom of this page.
Application Forms and Associated Fees to be Submitted Per Mail:
Application Forms for Product Registration: (Not for Use with Online Payment)
- DP-21 Application for Registration of Pesticides (139.76 KB)
- Section 18 Application Report (91.55 KB)
Application Forms for Licenses and Permits: (Not For Use With Online Payment)
- DP-23 Restricted Use Pesticide Dealer's License (14.26 KB)
- DP-25 Private Applicator License (40.33 KB)
- DP-27 Non-Commercial License (29.88 KB)
- DP-28 Commercial Applicator Technician License (371.53 KB)
- DP-29 Firms Commercial Applicator License (128.27 KB)
- DP-29A Additional Equipment Application (32.57 KB)
- DP-30 Individual Commercial Applicator License (97.95 KB)
- DP-32 Custom Applicator Permit (36.81 KB)
- DP-37 Dealer's Record of Purchase of Restricted Use Pesticides (28.16 KB)
- DP-42 Application for Permission to Deliver Bulk Pesticides to a Dealer's Facility and Permission f (34.71 KB)
- DP-44 Proof of Financial Responsibility (52.69 KB)
- DP-58 Spray System Set-Up Verification Documentation (20.83 KB)
- DP-61 Application for 2,4-D Hardship Permit (25.08 KB)
- DP-62 Field ID Form for 2,4-D Hardship Permit (26.65 KB)
- DP-63 2,4-D Hardship Permit Record Keeping Form (29.24 KB)
- DP-69A Application for Dicamba Permit (48.92 KB)
- DP-69B Field ID Form for Dicamba Permit (13.03 KB)
- Power of Attorney Form (258.94 KB)
Application Forms and Associated Fees to be Submitted Online:
The Online Payment Option is not available for every license/permit at this time, only for the online application forms listed below!
- Access the appropriate online application form listed below to determine your total payment and possible additional documentation to be added, for example the Power of Attorney for Out-of-State companies, which needs to be notarized before being submitted with the application form.
- Make your online payment, for online payment webpage click the following link: Online Payments
Note: Please keep in mind your online payment will include online payment fees in addition to your application/licensing/registration fees!
Step 1: “License # or Company Name Is Required” field:
- Enter firm name, if applying for firm license/dealer license/ pesticide registration.
- Enter your name, if applying for an individual license or hardship permit.
- Enter your contact information.
Step 2: “Find Product – Search by Form # or Product Name” field:
- Enter the appropriate Form # (Example: DP-30) for easiest access of the necessary fees to be paid.
- Some application forms have more than one product fee listed, depending on the fee requirements on the application form.
- Enter the appropriate product fee numbers.
- Click “Update” button to see your payment breakdown (Cart Total:/Fees:/Total:).
- Click “Pay” button to make your payment.
- Enter your billing information.
- Click “Pay $0.00” button.
- Once you submit the payment click the green “Click for Printable Receipt” button, to retrieve the receipt number to enter in the online application form. The receipt number is required on the application form, you will not be able to submit the application form without it and your payment cannot be matched up to your application form without the receipt number.
- Once your application form has been reviewed and approved, a license/permit/registration will be sent to you.
If you have any questions regarding the online application and payment process, please contact the Pesticide Section at (501) 225-1598.
- DP-21 Application for Registration of Pesticides (For Use with Online Payment Only)
- DP-23 Restricted Use Pesticide Dealer's License (For Use with Online Payment Only)
- DP-25 Private Applicator License (For Use with Online Payment Only)
- DP-26A Private Applicator Pilot’s Auth. & Category Certification (For Use with Online Payment Only)
- DP-27 Non-Commercial License (For Use with Online Payment Only)
- DP-28 Commercial Applicator Technician License (For Use with Online Payment Only)
- DP-29 Firms Commercial Applicator License (For Use with Online Payment Only)
- DP-29A Additional Equipment Application (For Use with Online Payment Only)
- DP-30 Individual Commercial Applicator License (For Use with Online Payment Only)
- DP-38A Additional Category or Custom Pilot Auth. Appl. For Individual Commercial-Non-Commercial Applicator License (For Use with Online Payment Only)
Preregistration Forms for Testing and Certification/Recertification of Applicators:
Important Notice regarding Certification/Recertification:
Because of the current COVID-19 (Corona virus) situation, the U of A Cooperative Extension Service has implemented a temporary change in all pesticide applicator training programs. Virtually all the training has gone to an online format. You can find the training information here.