How to Sell Timber
A timber sale is a serious matter requiring careful preparation. The results of many years of past timber growth are at stake, and the condition of the forest after the sale profoundly affects its productivity for many years to come. Avoid the temptation to make a “quick sale.” Think about what you want to do, and don’t be pressured into making a decision. Use these seven principles to map out your timber sale and you should experience the satisfaction of success without the stress and frustration.
- Rely on the Experts to help with planning and executing the sale of your timber.
- Develop and follow a forest management plan.
- Use pre-harvest planning to insure your interests are protected.
- Use the right type of sale to get your money’s worth.
- Have a written contract.
- Monitor the harvesting operation.
- Conduct a closeout with the buyer and logger.
Timber Sales Brochure (478.33 KB)