Plant Industries

Serving the citizens of Arkansas and the agricultural and business communities by providing information and unbiased enforcement of laws and regulations set by the Arkansas State Plant Board

Obtaining Seed Treater’s License


All seed treating plants in Arkansas must have a valid license from the Arkansas Department of Agriculture. The seed treating plant license is valid from July 1 - June 30 and is renewed each year renewal applications are due each year by July 1). The license application must be completed and submitted with the list of crop kinds and seed treatments to be used on each crop. The amount of product used per bushel or per hundredweight must also be stated. If other treatment chemicals are added during the year, this needs to be communicated to the Seed Section office before being used/applied. The license application is available on the bottom of this page.

Seed Treater Facility License Application